When & Where
Drivers Education-Joshua's Law Driving for Teens
Monroe, GA 30655
Ms. June Instructors
Corrina Esco Instructors
What is JOSHUA’S LAW?
Beginning January 1, 2007, all Teens applying for a Class D driver’s license must complete a driver education course approved by the Department of Driver Services and complete a total of 40 hours of supervised driving, 6 hours of which must be at night, with a parent or guardian’s sworn verification that these requirements have been met. All Georgia teen resident must complete this course to be eligible for a Class D driver’s license. He or she must have completed a total of at least 40 hours of supervised driving, including at least 6 hours at night. The same verification in writing by a parent or guardian is required.
Ms. June has been in Monroe since 2006 but has been teaching 27 years.
Will I be able to get a reduction in my insurance premiums when my child completes the driver’s education course?
Only a Certificate of Completion from a State Licensed School providing 30 hours of instruction and 6 hours behind the wheel instruction would be eligible for a reduction in insurance premiums.
- Learn Your Vehicle: Pre-Check before Driving
- Signs and Road Markings
- Traffic Laws
- Basic Maneuvers (Lane Changing, Turning & Parking)
- Sharing the Road
- Drinking and Driving
- How to Handle Emergencies
- Learn what to do if pulled over by a Police officer
- Keep your TEEN safe and well prepared for the future. After all, learning to Drive is a LIFE LESSONS. Have them learn from the best and get regulated and learn the Laws before they get licensed.